You are a truck driver, and you are nearing the end of a long work day when your back doors swing open, spilling your cargo all over the highway. There is only one thing that can make this night worse: your insurance company does not cover the cargo and you have to pay for it out of your own pocket.
This is a scenario you never want to run into. It is crucial to familiarize yourself with trucking-related insurance coverage policies, and make sure you have the one that is right for you.
- Physical Damage Coverage covers the market value of your trailer and truck.
- Primary Auto Liability Coverage is mandatory by law, and provides protection in the case of a third-party injury.
- General Liability Coverage covers the business for incidents that do not involve a truck.
- Cargo Insurance covers any losses to the cargo that might be experienced during transit. Keep an eye out for exclusions that you may actually need.
- Warehouse Legal coverage protects cargo that is being stored in areas outside of the truck.
After you decide which policies you do and don’t need, start consulting different companies to find the lowest price. For any other questions about insurance, go ahead and contact Gant Insurance Agency, located in McKinney!