Renters insurance protects you from the unexpected when in your apartment or house in Texas.
While homeowners insurance is a requirement for owning a home, renters insurance is not mandatory when you rent. However, it is strongly recommended in order to cover yourself, your assets, and your family in the event of a fire, theft, storm, or other covered peril that destroys or looses your personal belongings.
If you are unsure about purchasing renters insurance, here are 8 reasons why having it is a valuable decision!
- It will pay to replace your belongings in an event of a peril.
- There are affordable rates available if you don’t own collectibles and antiques.
- Covers expenses for guests that are injured by your personal property or pets.
- The insurance replaces your property in the event of theft.
- The landlord is not responsible for any of your property, just the structural damage of the building caused by weather.
- Every close neighbor is a potential fire hazard.
- It will replace electrical equipment destroyed by faulty wiring.
- Protects you and belongings from disasters such as fire, theft, flood, vandalism, smoke, and weather disasters.
Not only will you have the peace of mind that you and your belongings are safe, but insurance coverage will save you from being financially spent in the event of an accident or disaster. While you may think you’re safe to carry on without renters insurance, if you were to replace all of your belongings, or cover lawsuit liability expenses, you may face a financial hardship.