The Affordable Care Act (ACA) has drastically changed the face of the health care industry. One of the major things it has done, besides making health care affordable for people of all backgrounds and circumstances, is make health care mandatory. With mandatory health care, the Affordable Care Act has also imposed a variety of deadlines on health care insurance, which can be hard to keep track of. Here are all of the various dates and deadlines of health care in one place, to make things easier for you.
- November 15th, 2014: Open Enrollment starts on this day. This is the first day that you can apply for 2015 health care coverage.
- December 15th, 2014: This is the last date to enroll for health care coverage that will start on the first day of the New Year.
- December 31st, 2014: The last day of December is when all 2014 Marketplace health coverage ends, regardless of when you enrolled.
- January 1st, 2015: The first day of 2015 is when 2015 health coverage starts if you applied by December 15th or if you accepted automatic enrollment with your 2014 health insurance plan or a similar healthcare plan.
- February 15th, 2015: This is the last day to enroll in 2015 coverage. If you miss this deadline, you will not be able to sign up for a health care plan both inside and outside the Marketplace for the rest of 2015. The only exception to this deadline is if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period by having a major life experience (like getting married or having a kid).
Contact the Gant Insurance Agency in McKinney for all of your Texas health insurance needs. Some important health care dates and deadlines are coming up. Let us get you an affordable health care plan before the deadlines pass!