When an incident or accident occurs at your business, it is important that you refrain from panicking. Rather than allowing fear and worry to take over, be prepared and ready to fight off all potential perils. Gathered are some helpful tips to guide you through the process of filing a business insurance claim:
- First, contact us, your insurance agent immediately!
- If your business has been burglarized, it is important that you report the incident to the police immediately so that they can get started looking for the criminal.
- When you are talking to your insurance agent, make sure that this incident is of the covered perils you have opted for. For this reason exactly, it is important that you review your business insurance policy on an annual basis, or whenever any major changes occur.
- You may need to make some temporary repairs or systems so that your organization can recover more efficiently. If a fire has resulted in the temporary closure of your business property, you will want to think of a solution in a timely manner.
- It is important that you save any damaged parts for evidence in your claims report. The claims adjuster will likely want to examine all damaged parts and any bits of evidence you may have.
- If you are a prepared business owner and have business interruption coverage, you will want to make sure that you have income reports for both before and after the covered incident. Proof of income will allow this process to be conducted in a smooth fashion.
Allow us to guide you through the process of filing a business insurance claim. Contact Gant Insurance Agency in McKinney for all of your Texas business insurance needs. We can help safeguard your largest investment with a comprehensive business insurance policy catered to meet the unique needs of your company.