With new laws for healthcare in 2014, it is mandatory for most Americans under 65 for the first time. People with pre-existing conditions can now buy insurance, and new discounts are available for those under 400 percent of the poverty level. Here are some tips to help you buy insurance in 2014.
- Make sure you use a knowledgeable insurance agent.
- Only buy from an exchange if you qualify for a discount.
- Plan health coverage for your family if your dependents aren’t covered well enough by your work plan.
- Choose a plan that your doctors are “in network” and doesn’t require a referral for specialists.
- Hire a consultant to audit your insurance plan.
- Protect your family’s income with long-term disability insurance.
- Get an umbrella liability policy to cover any holes in your insurance policies.
- Get “deductible assessment coverage” for a townhouse or condo unit.
- Check for vacancy exclusions if your home is for sale.
For more information about buying insurance in the McKinney, Texas area, please contact Gant Insurance Agency.