Home renovations are known to cause financial difficulties and relationship strains. Not all renovations have to be challenging, especially if you have an in-depth understanding of the steps necessary to complete a project. Use this step-by-step guide to work through your home renovation effectively and within budget.
1. Outline a Plan: Visualize how you want the space to look, including all details regarding structure, color palette, and furnishings. Get a professional to create a scaled plan.
2. Create a Budget: Write down a list of materials and equipment you’ll need to renovate to determine how much your project will run. Include an additional 10 percent for any unexpected costs.
3. Hire a Pro: Consider hiring an owner’s representative to oversee the design and building process. This will generally run you 10 to 15 percent of the total cost.
4. Get the Permits: Before you can begin the renovation, you’ll need to check the latest regulations in your area, inspection rules, and acquire the proper work permits.
5. Call Your Agent: Ensure that you have the proper coverage in case you run into renovation problems. Call your insurance agent and be aware that new remodels may not be fully covered.
6. Put It Together: Once you’re prepared, order the materials, install the “behind-the-scenes” work, paint and install flooring, add in cabinetry, and any finishing touches.
For more information about insurance in McKinney, Texas, please contact Gant Insurance Agency, Inc. Call today to ask questions about what type of coverage is right for you or to get a quote.