Hauntingly Healthy Halloween Tips!
Did you think that your kids could have a healthy McKinney, TX Halloween?
Halloween is one of the favorite nights of the year for children! After all, they get to dress up, roam the neighborhood with their friends, and are willingly given bags full of free candy.
With that said, Halloween is also contributory towards rotting teeth, obesity, and bad health amongst the youngsters.
Here are 10 ways to help your children stay health-friendly during Halloween and year-round!
- Go trick-or-treating after a meal. Your children will be less inclined to snack on sweets if they are full.
- Avoid hard-boiled candy as they take a lengthy time to chew which engulfs teeth in a sugary coating. This can lead to tooth decay.
- In addition, avoid sticky sweets as they, too, can stay in teeth for a long time.
- Drink more water!
- Maintain a healthy diet. That means balanced meals, reducing sugar and fat intake, and increasing lean proteins, fruits, and vegetables!
- Brush teeth twice daily for good oral health.
- Floss teeth once a day.
- Encourage kids to take healthy trick-or-treat snacks if available.
- Trick-or-treat by walking around the neighborhood, not by being driven.
- Visit the dentist regularly.
Have a happy and healthy Halloween night! Today, more than ever, you and your family need to be protected from health instances. For yours, your child’s health and dental insurance at an affordable rate, contact Gant Insurance Agency in McKinney, Texas today!