Wishing you a happy and safe holiday from our family to yours.
The holidays are almost here! This is why we at Gant Insurance Agency would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your loved ones a very happy holiday. Of course, no holiday can be truly happy unless everyone is safe. This is why we at Gant Insurance encourage you to try out some of these top holiday safety tips.
- During the holidays, your home is at greater risk for a fire. This is why it’s important to take fire precautions. Check out our blog Protect Your Home from Fire This Holiday Season to learn about the fire safety tips you should employ around your home.
- Before guests arrive, make sure you inspect your home’s smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they are functioning properly. This will ensure that no one gets injured or becomes ill due to fire or carbon monoxide exposure.
- When using festive holiday plants to decorate your home, make sure you keep them out of reach for children and pets. Many holiday plants, such as poinsettias, holly, and mistletoe, are actually toxic if consumed.
- If you are traveling for the holidays, make sure you have your car inspected by a professional. This will reduce the chances of your car breaking down in the middle of your road trip.
- Check the weather conditions that you will encounter on your drive and prepare your car accordingly. For instance, if you are expected to encounter snow, make sure your car is equipped with winter tires, snow chains, and heavy-duty windshield wipers.
- Keep your holiday travel plans under wraps. You do not want it widely publicized that your home will be uninhabited for an extended period of time.
- Hire a house sitter or install a home security system before you leave for the holidays. This will reduce the chances of your home being broken into while you are away.
These are some of the precautions you should take this holiday season. Want another way to protect the people and things that you care about most? Make sure you have the proper personal insurance in place. For assistance with all your coverage needs, contact the team at Gant Insurance Agency in McKinney, Texas to get started today.