Check out these activities to help you celebrate Family Fun Month!
With a new school year right around the corner, it’s time to make to most of your summer vacation. Enjoy more sunlight and warm temperatures, and spend time with your family. August is Family Fun Month, so grab the kids and get to celebrating. Check out these ways to get in some quality family time.
- Share a meal together. With busy schedules, sometimes it’s difficult to sit down and share a meal together as a family. Make an event out of your meal, and have every member of the family contribute. Cook in the kitchen or pack a picnic, it’s sure to be a great family bonding experience.
- Play a game. Teach your kids about what life was like when you were their age, and pick your favorite game from your childhood. Whether it’s a board game, video game, or just a game of catch, your family is sure to have a good time. You may even inspire a new family tradition.
- Stay indoors. Sometimes it’s a little too hot to spend the day outdoors. Beat the summer heat, and try a few indoor activities. Try building a pillow fort and spending the evening indoor camping complete with s’mores.
- Share your family history. Whip out the old photo albums and take a trip down memory lane. Show your kids pictures of loved ones so that they can get a sense of where you came from.
- Explore your city. Get to know your city, and venture out on an excursion. Pick a museum, park, or place you’ve never been before and stop in for a visit. It’ll be a great way to experience something new together as a family.
Spend the dog days of summer hanging out with your family, and protect them with the right insurance policies. Contact the professionals at Gant Insurance Agency in McKinney, Texas for all your personal and commercial insurance needs.