Try these low-cost solutions to boost employee morale.
As you grow your business, you’ll face the dilemma of wanting to attract the best and brightest workers, but you can’t afford the high-dollar salary and brilliant benefits.
The good news is that a lot of employees are looking for more of a balance of salary and perks. In the long run, providing low-cost benefits can help you to attract loyal employees and compete for the top-tier of workers! Check out these affordable ways to keep your employees happy.
- Unlimited paid time off – You may be thinking that giving employees free reign of paid time off sounds like you’re going to see all play and no work. However, this freedom motivates employees to work harder and get tasks done so that they can enjoy their time off. With the right policies in place and trustworthy employees, this can be a good pay off for the individual and the company alike.
- Telecommute – Give employees the option to work from home one day a week so that they can run errands, take care of their pets, and enjoy life – all while getting their work done. Additionally, you don’t have to pay for the electricity or gas to run your office one day a week!
- Encourage breaks – Set up a designated quiet room for employees to take 10-minute relaxation breaks. Anything from a yoga mat to a comfy chair makes a good spot for workers to catch their breath.
- Team building events – Take your staff to an off-site location to enjoy team building, at least once every six months. Whether it’s a potluck in the park on a Friday afternoon or a baseball game on Thursday, your team can strengthen through out-of-work interaction!
- Let the dog out – More and more of us are adopting shelter pets and abandoned pups. While this shows our compassionate side, leaving them cooped up indoors all day is not always right by the animal. Designate a day where your employees can bring their dog to work so that they can feel at ease knowing that their 6-month old lab isn’t tearing up the sofa. Plus, who doesn’t love a quick cuddle with the four-legged friends?
One thing that your business shouldn’t have to worry about is coverage for accidents, lawsuits, and damages. For this all-encompassing business insurance, contact the professionals at Gant Insurance!