Having any number of company cars allows your employees to better do their job. Along with investing in the right commercial auto insurance policy to keep your company cars and employees protected, it is also important to make sure that you take the right preventive vehicle maintenance steps to keep the cars running efficiently. Keep these simple maintenance tips in mind to keep all of your company vehicles safe on the road.
- Make sure that the floor of the vehicle is free of any obstructions, such as rags, tools, or any loose items that can roll under the brake or gas pedal.
- Make sure that the seatbelts are in good shape and work properly. Replace any belts that are outdated or that are malfunctioning.
- Start the engine to ensure that all the heaters, instruments, windshield wipers, and defrosters are working properly.
- Inspect the steering, gauges, brakes, and indicators. If any part is malfunctioning, replace or repair it before the vehicle gets back onto the road.
- Check the body lights, headlights, mirrors, signals, tires, and reflectors to make sure that they are in good working order.
- Check all of the emergency equipment. Ensure that the onboard fire extinguisher is operable, and there are plenty of flares or reflective devices on board.
- Check to ensure all loan securements are working properly.
- Make sure that the maintenance schedule is up to date and that no maintenance appointments are missed.
- Make sure that each vehicle has its own vehicle record folder that contains the history of the past services. Keep these files in an accessible spot.
To ensure that you have the right commercial auto insurance policy to provide protection while your employees are on the road, contact the insurance professionals at Gant Insurance Agency in McKinney, Texas.