The back to school season is here, and if you are headed off to a new dorm room, you may be craving some home cooked meals. While you may not be able to rely on mom for dinner each night, there are many delicious recipes that you can make right in your own dorm room. Try out these back to school healthy recipes to keep you full and satisfied while you study this year.
Blueberry maple refrigerator oatmeal
- ¼ cup uncooked old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- ¼ cup low fat Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup blueberries
- In a half pint jar, add the oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, and syrup. Put the lid on the jar and shake well.
- Remove the lid and add the blueberries and stir until mixed throughout. Put the lid back on and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days.
5-minute vegetarian burrito bowl
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- ½ cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheese
- Diced avocado
- Prepare the rice according to the package instructions.
- Combine the rice, black beans, salsa, yogurt, and cheese in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 to 60 seconds or until heated throughout.
- Top with the avocado and any other toppings that you desire, such as pico de gallo, tomato, or guacamole.
All of us at Gant Insurance Agency in McKinney, Texas would like to wish you a fun and successful school year!