No matter the size of your business, you are at risk of dealing with theft. No matter if the burglary comes from an outside source or an employee, protecting your business will help to ensure that you stay financially safe. Keep these tips in mind to prevent theft from both outsiders and insiders.
- Doors and locks – installing strong doors and locks is the first line of defense against burglars. Many thieves are looking for the easiest way to get inside, and if they have to work too hard or make a lot of noise, they are less likely to break in.
- Lights – burglars like to hide in the dark, and if they are easily seen due to bright lights, they are more likely to move on. You should invest in bright lights for both the inside and outside of your building.
- Alarms – there are many types of alarms to consider for your business, all which will work best to keep your company safe. From window and door sensors to motion detectors, the more sophisticated your alarm system is, the better protected your company will be.
- Uncover employee theft – you should create and follow through with multiple ways to catch employee theft, including frequent audits. You should also have a policy in place that will allow employees to report any fraud without the fear of reprisal or exposure.
- Reward positive behavior – all employees should have a clear understanding of the values of your business. Your values should span throughout your entire company, including how you interact with employees and clients.
Having the right business insurance policies can help to make sure that you are protected from any unfortunate situation. Contact the insurance professionals at Gant Insurance Agency in McKinney, Texas for all of your commercial insurance coverage needs.